Filipino-style Rabokki Udon is a popular street food dish in the Philippines, a fusion of Korean and Japanese cuisine. The dish consists of thick, chewy udon noodles mixed with spicy red pepper sauce and various toppings such as vegetables, meat, and boiled eggs. The result is a delicious and satisfying dish that combines the best of both worlds.
Rabokki Udon is considered a comfort food for many Filipinos and can be found in food stalls, night markets, and street vendors all over the country. The dish is not only popular for its bold flavors, but also for its affordability, making it a popular choice for people of all ages and backgrounds.
The spicy red pepper sauce used in Rabokki Udon is a key component that sets it apart from other udon dishes. The sauce is made with a combination of Korean chili paste, gochujang, and other seasonings, creating a unique blend of heat and umami flavors.
The dish is typically served hot and garnished with chopped scallions, sesame seeds, and boiled eggs. Some variations may include additional toppings such as cheese, sauteed vegetables, or meat.
Filipino-style Rabokki Udon is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as a snack. Its combination of bold flavors, chewy noodles, and satisfying toppings makes it a popular choice for those seeking an indulgent, hearty meal.
In conclusion, Filipino-style Rabokki Udon is a delicious and affordable dish that combines the best of both Korean and Japanese cuisine. Whether you’re in the mood for a main course or a snack, this fusion dish is sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- In a bowl, mix gochujang, hot pepper flakes and brown sugar until well blended and set aside.
- In a pan, bring anchovy stock to a boil. Once it’s starting to form bubbles, scoop out some of the stock into the paste and mix.
- Add udon noodles and fish balls. Cover the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the paste mixture into the pan and give it a stir.
- Add 1/2 part of the spring onion. Cover and bring it to a boil.
- Add hard-boiled eggs and let it simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining spring onion. Serve while it’s hot. Enjoy!