Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw with Hipon is a delicious and popular Filipino dish that is made with a variety of ingredients such as squash, string beans, and shrimp. The dish is cooked in coconut milk, which gives it a rich and creamy flavor.
How to make Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw with Hipon
To make Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw with Hipon, start by heating some oil in a pan over medium heat. Add some garlic and onions and sauté until they are fragrant. Then, add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set them aside.
In the same pan, add the squash and string beans and cook for a few minutes. Then, add the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for about 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Add the shrimp back into the pan and let it cook for another minute. Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw with Hipon hot, garnished with some chopped cilantro or green onions. This dish can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish. It’s a perfect combination of seafood and vegetables that’s both healthy and delicious.
It’s also a dish that can be easily adjusted to your taste preference, you can add more or less shrimp, or adjust the level of spiciness by adding chili pepper or chili paste.
A simple and tasty dish
Overall, Ginataang Kalabasa at Sitaw with Hipon is a simple and tasty dish that is sure to please any crowd. It’s easy to make, and the flavors of the coconut milk, shrimp, and vegetables all come together to create a dish that is both satisfying and comforting. Give it a try, and you’ll see why it’s a beloved Filipino dish.
- In a bowl, season shrimp with salt and ground black pepper. Mix until shrimp is seasoned well.
- In a large pan, sear both sides of the shrimps for about 30 seconds. Set aside when done.
- In the same pan, add add about 3 tbsp cooking.
- When it's hot, add onion and saute until it becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and saute until the aroma comes out.
- Add squash into the pan and saute for a minute.
- Add coconut cream into the pan. Use the coconut cream can to add 1/2 can of water. Give it a quick mix and then cover. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Give it a quick mix and then add the shrimp paste. Mix it to incorporate the shrimp paste into the sauce.
- Add eggplant into the pan. Cover and then cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add string beans and the seared shrimp into the pan. Give it a quick mix. Cover and cook for a couple of minutes or until the string beans are cooked.
- And then finally, add the fish sauce. Adjust to taste. Give it a good mix and it should be ready.
- Serve with steamed rice on the side. Enjoy!