Ginisang Mais is a traditional Filipino dish made with corn kernels as the main ingredient. This dish is commonly found in the Philippines and is considered a staple food for many families.
Ginisang Mais is known for its rich flavor and texture, and is often enjoyed as a side dish or as a main course, depending on the ingredients added. The dish is usually cooked in a pan with oil and seasoned with a combination of spices, such as garlic, onions, and salt, to enhance its taste.
This dish is also often paired with other Filipino favorites such as fried fish, grilled chicken, or roasted pork. Its versatility makes it a popular choice for any meal, whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Ginisang Mais is not only delicious but also provides a good source of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Corn is known to be high in antioxidants and has been linked to a lower risk of heart disease and other health benefits.
In conclusion, Ginisang Mais is a staple food in the Philippines that is both delicious and nutritious. Its rich flavor and versatility make it a popular dish for families, and its easy preparation and ingredients make it an accessible dish for everyone to enjoy.
- In a hot pot, add cooking oil and sauté garlic until it becomes light brown.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add corn kernels, chicken stock and water. Give it a quick stir and cover. Let it boil.
- Give it a stir to loosen the bottom of the pot and taste. Add fish sauce and ground black pepper. Cover and let it simmer.
- Add chopped celery into the pot. Give it a stir and add spinach. Adjust according to taste. Cover and let it simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve while it’s hot. Enjoy!