Ginisang Sardinas with Sayote is a popular Filipino dish that combines the flavorful sardines with the slightly sweet and crunchy sayote. This dish is a staple in many Filipino households, and is often served as a simple lunch or dinner. The dish is simple to make and requires minimal ingredients, making it a great option for busy weeknight meals.
One of the great things about Ginisang Sardinas with Sayote is that it is a very versatile dish. You can customize it to your taste by adjusting the amount of spices and seasonings used, or by adding other vegetables like onion, garlic, and tomatoes. The dish is also a great way to use up leftover sayote, which is a vegetable that is often overlooked in Western cuisine.
Ginisang Sardinas with Sayote is also a healthy and nutritious dish. Sardines are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and other important vitamins and minerals. Sayote is also a healthy vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber. Together, these ingredients make for a well-balanced and satisfying meal.
This dish is commonly served with steamed rice or as a side dish for other viand. It’s also a perfect for those who are on a budget as it’s cheap and easy to find the ingredients in the market.
Overall, Ginisang Sardinas with Sayote is a delicious, easy, and affordable dish that is perfect for busy weeknight meals. It’s a great way to incorporate more fish and vegetables into your diet, and is a great way to experiment with new flavors and ingredients.
- In a pan over medium heat with cooking oil, add onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until it turns light golden brown.
- Add tomato and sauté until it released its juice.
- Add chayote, fish sauce and ground black pepper to taste. Give it a quick stir.
- Add canned sardines and red chilis into the pan. Cover and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add spinach and try to slowly incorporate the ingredients together until the spinach withers a bit.
- Turn off the heat. Serve with steamed rice while it’s hot. Enjoy!