Ginisang Sardinas sa Upo is a popular dish in the Philippines. This dish is made from fresh sardines that are sautéed with various vegetables and spices, typically including sliced bitter gourd (upo). The flavors of the sardines and vegetables are perfectly balanced and complement each other. The dish is typically served over rice and is a staple in many Filipino households.
The dish is not only delicious, but it is also very healthy. Sardines are a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for a healthy diet. The bitter gourd provides a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C, A, and K, as well as potassium and magnesium.
Ginisang Sardinas sa Upo is easy to prepare and requires minimal ingredients, making it an ideal dish for busy families. It can be served for lunch or dinner and is often accompanied by steamed rice. This dish is also budget-friendly and can be made with ingredients that are easily available at local markets.
In conclusion, Ginisang Sardinas sa Upo is a delicious and healthy dish that is loved by many Filipinos. With its balanced flavors and simple preparation, it is a great option for families who are looking for a nutritious and tasty meal.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil.
- When the skillet is hot, add onion and stir fry until it becomes transluscent.
- Then, add garlic. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato, stir fry to release its juice.
- Add upo (bottle gourd). Stir fry for a bit and then cover the skillet. Let it cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add sardines into the pan. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add water (optional) and cover. Let it simmer for 3 - 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and it's ready. Enjoy!