Ginisang-Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon is a Filipino dish that combines the sour and savory flavors of the popular sinigang soup with the rich taste of salmon head. This dish is a staple in many Filipino households and is often enjoyed as a comforting meal during lunch or dinner.
Salmon head is a highly prized ingredient in many Southeast Asian cuisines and is known for its delicate flavor and tender flesh. In this dish, the salmon head is simmered in a sour broth made from tamarind and other spices, creating a delicious and satisfying meal. The combination of sour, savory, and umami flavors is what makes Ginisang-Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon so unique and flavorful.
Not only is this dish delicious, but it is also nutritious. Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining heart health, and it is also rich in protein, vitamins, and minerals. The broth in this dish is also filled with nutrients from the vegetables that are used to make it, making Ginisang-Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon a well-rounded meal.
Whether you are a fan of Filipino cuisine or just looking for a new way to enjoy salmon, Ginisang-Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon is definitely worth trying. This dish is easy to make and can be customized to suit your personal tastes by adjusting the level of sourness, spiciness, and sweetness. So, next time you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal, give Ginisang-Sinigang na Ulo ng Salmon a try!
- In a hot pot, add cooking oil and sauté garlic and ginger for at least 5 minutes or until you can smell the aroma.
- Add chopped onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add salmon heads and let each side cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 L of water into the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add sliced onion (other part), tomato and radish.
- Add the tamarind mix into the pot and let it simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce, okra and long green chilli. Cover and let the okra cook. Do not over cook.
- Then turn off the heat. Serve with steamed rice while it’s hot. Enjoy!