Ginisang Tuna, also known as sautéed tuna, is a popular dish in the Philippines. It is a simple yet flavorful dish that is perfect for a quick and easy meal. The dish is made by sautéing canned tuna with vegetables and spices, creating a delicious and hearty meal that is perfect for any time of the day.
One of the great things about Ginisang Tuna is that it is a very versatile dish. It can be served as a main dish with rice, or as a topping for noodles or even in a sandwich. It can also be eaten as a side dish or as an appetizer.
Ginisang Tuna is a great way to use up canned tuna, which is a pantry staple in many households. It is a budget-friendly dish that is easy to make and is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a satisfying meal without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Another great thing about Ginisang Tuna is that it is a healthy dish. Canned tuna is a good source of protein, and when combined with vegetables, it makes for a well-balanced meal. It can be made to be low in calories and fat, and can also be made gluten-free or suitable for those following a ketogenic diet.
In terms of taste, Ginisang Tuna is savory and slightly spicy. It is a dish that is enjoyed by many Filipinos and is often served at home, as well as in Filipino restaurants around the world. It is also a great dish to introduce to those who are unfamiliar with Filipino cuisine, as it is easy to make and has a familiar taste that is enjoyed by many.
Overall, Ginisang Tuna is a delicious, versatile and healthy dish that is perfect for any time of the day. It is a great way to use up canned tuna and is a budget-friendly and easy dish that is perfect for busy weeknights. It is a dish that is enjoyed by many Filipinos and is a great introduction to Filipino cuisine.
- Heat pan with cooking oil and then add potatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Let it cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until potatoes are medium soft.
- Add onion and sauté with potatoes until it becomes translucent.
- Add carrots and sauté with the ingredients.
- Add tuna into the pan (including the oil). Sauté for a bit until ingredients are incorporated.
- Add chopped spring onion.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and then add into the pan. Spread it evenly.
- Let the eggs cook and fold (or flip if you can) the omelette. Make sure the eggs are fully cooked before serving. Transfer into a plate. Enjoy!