Korean coleslaw, also known as “Kimchi Coleslaw,” is a delicious and unique twist on traditional coleslaw. This dish combines the tangy and spicy flavors of kimchi with the crisp and refreshing taste of coleslaw. It’s the perfect side dish for any Korean BBQ, and it’s also a great way to use up any leftover kimchi you may have in the fridge.
How make homemade Korean coleslaw
To make homemade Korean coleslaw, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 head of green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup of kimchi, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
First, start by shredding the cabbage and grating the carrot. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, and kimchi. Next, in a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss everything together until well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
The coleslaw can be served immediately, but it’s even better if it’s chilled in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. This will allow the flavors to meld together and the coleslaw to become more crisp.
Korean coleslaw is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for any occasion. The tangy and spicy flavors of the kimchi paired with the crisp and refreshing taste of the coleslaw make for a unique and delicious side dish. Give it a try the next time you’re looking for something different to serve at your next BBQ or dinner party.
- In a mixing bowl, add vinegar, brown sugar, mayonnaise, honey, mustard and a dash of salt. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Add cabbage and carrot in to the mixture. Toss gradually to coat evenly.
- Put in a container and allow it to sit for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for later use. Enjoy!