Ginisang corned beef is a popular dish in the Philippines that is made from corned beef, a type of canned meat that is usually made from beef brisket or round. It is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a breakfast, lunch, or dinner meal, and can be served with rice or as a filling for sandwiches.
One of the reasons why ginisang corned beef is so popular is because it is easy to prepare. The canned meat is already cooked and seasoned, so all you need to do is sauté it with some vegetables and seasonings. This makes it a great option for busy weeknight dinners or for those who want a quick and easy meal.
Another reason why ginisang corned beef is so popular is because it is a budget-friendly dish. Canned corned beef is relatively inexpensive and can be found at most grocery stores. This makes it a great option for families on a tight budget or for those who are looking for a way to stretch their food budget.
Ginisang corned beef is also a great dish for entertaining. It can be easily scaled up to feed a crowd and can be served as part of a buffet or as a topping for a pizza. It’s also a great dish to bring to potlucks or picnics.
In terms of flavor, ginisang corned beef has a rich, savory taste that is balanced out by the sweetness of the vegetables. The seasoning of corned beef is usually a combination of spices such as pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, which gives it a unique and tasty flavor.
In conclusion, ginisang corned beef is a versatile, budget-friendly, and easy to prepare dish that is perfect for busy weeknight dinners, entertaining, or feeding a crowd. Its rich, savory flavor is balanced out by the sweetness of the vegetables, making it a crowd-pleaser. It is a great way to enjoy corned beef and a staple in many Filipino households.
- In a medium heat pan with cooking oil, fry potato until it becomes tender.
- When ready, push potato to one side of the pan to make room. Then, add onion rings. Sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté until it turns light golden brown.
- Add tomato and sauté. Let it release its juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Give it a quick mix.
- Add corned beef into the pan. Break it apart and mix to incorporate with the ingredients.
- Leave it simmering for at least 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy!