Korean-style onion rice bowl, also known as bokkeumbap, is a traditional and popular dish in South Korea. It is a simple yet flavorful dish that is made with rice and a variety of vegetables, typically including onions.
The dish is usually served as a main course and can be accompanied by a variety of side dishes, such as kimchi or pickled vegetables. It is also commonly served with a fried egg on top, adding a rich, savory flavor to the dish.
One of the unique characteristics of Korean-style onion rice bowl is the use of sesame oil, which adds a nutty and aromatic flavor to the dish. Other common seasonings include soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper.
The dish is easy to make and is a great option for a quick and satisfying meal. It is also a versatile dish that can be customized to suit different tastes and preferences. For example, protein such as chicken or beef can be added to make it a more substantial meal.
In South Korea, Korean-style onion rice bowl is a staple dish that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It is also gaining popularity in other parts of the world as more people discover the delicious and comforting flavors of Korean cuisine.
Overall, Korean-style onion rice bowl is a simple, yet delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for a quick and easy meal. With its flavorful combination of rice, vegetables, and seasonings, it’s no wonder that it’s a favorite in South Korea and around the world.
- Set pan to medium heat and add cooking.
- Put onion into the pan and sauté until in turns translucent.
- Add in soy sauce, honey, mirin and sesame oil. Sauté and leave it simmering for 5 minutes or until the onion starts caramelizing.
- Place the onion mixture on top of steamed rice. Then top it off with fried egg.
- Finally, garnish with chopped spring onion. Enjoy!