Lemon and Rosemary Roasted Chicken is a dish that combines the bright, refreshing flavor of lemon with the earthy, herbaceous taste of rosemary. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion and is sure to please your taste buds.
The first step in making this dish is to preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Then, take a whole chicken and season it with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together lemon zest, lemon juice, and chopped rosemary along with some olive oil. Rub this mixture all over the chicken, making sure to get it into all the crevices.
Once the chicken is coated in the lemon-rosemary mixture, place it in a roasting pan and roast it in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes to an hour or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F. Basting the chicken occasionally with the pan juices will keep it moist and flavorful.
After the chicken is cooked through, take it out of the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before carving. The finished product will be a golden brown, juicy, and fragrant with the aroma of lemon and rosemary. Serve it with your favorite vegetables or side dish and enjoy!
Lemon and Rosemary Roasted Chicken is a dish that is easy to make and packed with flavor. The combination of lemon and rosemary gives the chicken a fresh and aromatic flavor that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. Give this recipe a try and let the lemon and rosemary work their magic on your taste buds!
- Place chicken upside down on a platter and season with a generous amount of ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, Knorr liquid seasoning and dried rosemary. Marinate for 4 - 6 hours in the fridge.
- When the chicken is fully marinated, create a bed of lemon slices and garlic in a cast iron.
- Drizzle with cooking oil and season with Himalayan salt, to taste.
- Lay marinated chicken over lemon and garlic cloves.
- Spread unsalted butter on to the chicken evenly for extra crisp.
- Then season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake at 425F for the first 15 minutes, then at 400F for next 30 minutes. Then finally at 375F for the last 10 minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown.
Place the chicken at the lowest rack of the oven.