A classic egg sandwich is a staple in many households, but have you ever tried it with a twist? Enter the Penoy egg sandwich spread, a Filipino-style spread made from hard-boiled eggs and a blend of seasonings and spices.
This spread adds a creamy, tangy, and slightly spicy flavor to any sandwich, making it a delicious and easy way to switch up your breakfast routine. It’s a popular spread in the Philippines, often used as a filling for breakfast rolls or served as a dip for crackers or vegetables.
While the exact ingredients and instructions for making this spread may vary, the base is always hard-boiled eggs that are mashed and combined with other seasonings to create a spreadable consistency. The result is a creamy and flavorful spread that can be used on a variety of breads, from soft white bread to toasted whole grain.
Not only is this spread delicious, but it’s also versatile. You can add it to your favorite sandwich toppings for a unique flavor combination or use it as a dip for your morning veggies. You can also play around with the seasonings to find the perfect blend for your taste buds.
In conclusion, the Penoy egg sandwich spread is a simple and delicious way to switch up your breakfast routine. Whether you’re a fan of classic egg sandwiches or just looking for a new and tasty spread, give this Filipino-style spread a try. Your taste buds will thank you!
- In a large bowl, break the eggs into pieces using a fork and leave chunks for a bit.
- Add carrots and 1/2 part of chopped onion into the bowl and mix. Add the remaining 1/2 part of chopped onion into the bowl and mix once more.
- Add cheese into the bowl and mix.
- Add ground black pepper and mix.
- Add mayonnaise and mix to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Add condensed milk and mix evenly.
- Put in a jar and store in the fridge. Enjoy!