Pinangat na Butterfish sa Kamatis is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for any occasion. It is made by cooking butterfish in a mixture of tomatoes, onions, and ginger. The result is a flavorful and savory dish that is packed with nutrients and vitamins.
The butterfish, also known as maliputo, is a type of fish that is commonly found in the Philippines. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for maintaining a healthy heart and brain. The fish is also a good source of protein and vitamin B12.
The tomatoes and onions used in the dish are also packed with health benefits. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, an antioxidant that helps to protect the body against cancer and heart disease. Onions are a good source of quercetin, a flavonoid that has anti-inflammatory properties.
To make Pinangat na Butterfish sa Kamatis, start by cleaning and deboning the butterfish. Next, mix the tomatoes, onions, and ginger in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the fish to the pot and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
Serve the Pinangat na Butterfish sa Kamatis with steamed rice and enjoy the delicious and healthy dish. It can also be garnished with chopped green onions or cilantro for an added flavor.
Pinangat na Butterfish sa Kamatis is a perfect dish for those who want to eat healthy while enjoying a delicious and flavorful meal. It is easy to make and can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Try it out and you will see why it is a popular dish in the Philippines.
- Arrange half parts of tomato, onion and ginger slices in skillet or pot.
- Add lemon juice, water and fish sauce. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, arrange butterfish on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and then put the remaining tomato, onion, ginger and long green chilli on top of the butter fish. Then sprinkle ground black pepper. Cover and let it cook for 6 - 8 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and serve with steamed rice while it’s hot. Enjoy!