Chicken Arroz Caldo is a Filipino dish that is a comforting bowl of rice porridge made with chicken, ginger, and garlic. It is traditionally made with chicken broth, but this version adds a twist by using coconut milk instead. The result is a creamy and flavorful dish that is perfect for a cold day.
One of the key ingredients in this dish is the ginger, which adds a subtle spicy kick and helps to clear the sinuses. The garlic also adds depth of flavor and a slight pungency that complements the creamy coconut milk. Together, these ingredients create a harmonious balance of flavors that is sure to satisfy.
Another great thing about this dish is that it is very versatile. You can add other ingredients such as sliced onion, sliced green onion, or even a hard-boiled egg for added texture and flavor. You can also adjust the level of spiciness to suit your taste.
One of the things that makes this dish so comforting is the creamy texture of the coconut milk. It adds a richness to the dish that is hard to replicate with other ingredients. The dish is also gluten-free, which makes it perfect for those who are gluten intolerant.
Chicken Arroz Caldo with Coconut Milk is a perfect dish to warm you up on a cold day. It is easy to make and can be made in large batches, so it’s perfect for feeding a crowd. Whether you’re looking for a comforting meal or a new twist on an old classic, this dish is sure to please.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add cooking oil.
- Sauté onion until it becomes translucent.
- Then, add garlic. sauté until it turns light golden brown.
- Add ginger strips and sauté for at least 2 minutes.
- Add chicken drumsticks and let it cook until the pink colour is gone.
- Add fish sauce, ground black pepper and chicken cube. Give it a quick stir.
- Add glutinous rice and give it a quick mix.
- Add chicken broth. Cover and bring it to a boil.
- Stir occasionally until it reaches the consistency of cream soup.
- Add coconut cream and saffron into the pot. Stir while cooking for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Finally, add hard-boiled eggs into the pot and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon and a dash of ground black pepper. Garnish with spring onion. Enjoy!