Adobo is no doubt one of the most popular Filipino dishes. From meat to seafood, it can possibly be Adobo.
Spicy Squid Adobo is probably one of my favourite variations of Adobo. The sweet, sour-tangy taste will definitely make you ask for more rice. Add with a little heat, this dish will surely be a hit.
- In a skillet, heat up the oil over medium heat, then add the chopped onion. Saute until it becomes soft or translucent.
- Add minced garlic and saute until it turns light golden brown.
- Add ginger and saute for about a couple of minutes. You can smell the aroma in the kitchen.
- Add the red chilies and saute for about a minute.
- Add sliced tomatoes into the pan and saute until it becomes soft. I'm using Roma tomato for this dish.
- Add the squid and mix with the ingredients for about a couple of minutes or until the meat looks firm and white.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ground black pepper and brown sugar. Cover and leave it simmering for 5 minutes. Don't over cook the squid or it will turn rubbery.
- Give it a quick stir and add the chopped long green chilli. Stir and let it simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer into a bowl. It is best served with steamed rice on the side. Enjoy!