Hash browns are a beloved breakfast food, known for their crispy exterior and fluffy interior. The great thing about hash browns is that they are easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
One key to achieving crispy hash browns is to remove as much moisture as possible from the grated potatoes. This can be done by squeezing them out using a clean dish towel or cheesecloth.
Another important step is to cook the hash browns over medium heat and press them down into the skillet to form a thick patty. This will ensure that they cook evenly and become golden brown and crispy on both sides.
Hash browns can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. They can be served as a side dish with scrambled eggs and bacon, or topped with cheese and diced onions for added flavor. They can also be used as a base for breakfast sandwiches, or even as a topping for pizza.
Making hash browns at home is a great way to enjoy this breakfast favorite without having to go out. With this recipe, you can have crispy homemade hash browns ready in no time. So, don’t hesitate, give it a try, your taste buds will thank you!
- Grate potatoes first, if not yet grated. Drain completely by squeezing out water and set aside.
- Grate cheese too, if not yet grated then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ingredients, except for the cooking oil and give it a good mix to incorporate all the ingredients. Then, set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add cooking oil.
- Scoop out a tablespoonful of the potato mixture on to the skillet. Shape each piece into a rectangular shape. Give each piece enough space. Do not crowd the skillet. Fry each side for 2 minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Transfer cooked pieces on to a plate and serve with your favourite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Soak grated potatoes in water so that it will not turn dark. Then, drain any excess water using a cheese cloth.