Sweet Potato Lumpia is a popular snack in the Philippines, and is loved by people of all ages. It is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can be enjoyed at any time of the day.
The sweet potato is a key ingredient in this dish, and gives it its sweet, creamy, and slightly crunchy texture. The sweetness of the potato is balanced out by the savory filling, which is made with a blend of spices, vegetables, and meats.
Sweet Potato Lumpia is a versatile dish that can be served as a snack, an appetizer, or even as a main course. It can be served plain, with dipping sauces, or as part of a larger meal.
This dish is loved for its unique combination of sweet and savory flavors, as well as its crispy exterior and soft, creamy interior. Whether you are a fan of sweet potatoes, or just love savory snacks, you are sure to enjoy this delicious treat.
In conclusion, Sweet Potato Lumpia is a must-try for those who love Filipino cuisine. So next time you are looking for a quick and satisfying snack, why not give this delightful treat a try?
- In a hot pan, add cooking oil and sauté onion.
- Once it becomes translucent, add garlic into the pan. Let it brown a little.
- Add sweet potato, carrots and cabbage into the pan.
- Add oyster sauce and ground black pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool down while straining the excess liquid.
- Put 2 - 3 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture on to the wrapper. Fold and start rolling, starting from the bottom then both side of the wrapper. Seal the top part of the wrapper with water. Repeat this process until you’ve used all the vegetable mixture and wrappers.
- Add a generous amount of cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When it’s hot, put the lumpia rolls into the pan. Leave enough space in between rolls so they will cook evenly. Cook each side for about 2 minutes or until when it turns golden brown.
- Once it reached the desired coloration, remove the rolls from the pan and place it a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve while it’s hot and enjoy!