Tinolang Manok is a traditional Filipino dish that is known for its delicious and comforting taste. It is a clear soup that is made with chicken and vegetables, and is typically served with steamed rice.
One of the things that sets Tinolang Manok apart from other chicken soups is the use of ginger. The ginger adds a unique and refreshing flavor to the dish that sets it apart from other soups. The ginger also has many health benefits, such as helping to reduce inflammation and improve digestion.
Another key ingredient in Tinolang Manok is the use of green papaya. The papaya adds a slight sweetness to the dish, which helps to balance out the flavors of the ginger and chicken. The papaya also adds a nice texture to the soup, making it more enjoyable to eat.
Tinolang Manok is a popular dish in the Philippines and is often served at family gatherings and special occasions. It is also a common dish in Filipino restaurants and can be found on the menu of many Filipino-owned eateries.
Aside from its delicious taste, Tinolang Manok is also known for its health benefits. The chicken provides a good source of protein, while the vegetables and ginger add important vitamins and minerals to the dish.
Overall, Tinolang Manok is a comforting and delicious dish that is enjoyed by many Filipinos and is a must-try for those who love traditional Filipino cuisine.
- In a pot over medium heat with cooking oil, add onion and sauté until it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger into the pot and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté until it turns light golden brown.
- Add chicken into the pot and sprinkle ground black pepper over chicken.
- Add chicken cube and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add fish sauce. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add water into the pot. Cover and bring it to a boil.
- Check if the chicken fully cooked once it’s boiling. If not, lower the heat and leave it simmering until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Add chayote into the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add spinach. Cover and let the remaining heat steam the spinach.
- It goes perfectly with steamed rice. Serve while it’s steaming hot. Enjoy!