Kimchi fried rice is a popular Korean dish that combines two staple ingredients in Korean cuisine: kimchi and rice. It is a flavorful, quick, and easy dish that can be made with leftover rice and a few other simple ingredients.
The dish is created by stir-frying cooked rice with kimchi, meat, vegetables, and spices. The kimchi provides a tangy, spicy flavor to the dish, while the other ingredients add depth and texture. The dish is commonly served as a main course or as a side dish, and it can be made in a variety of ways to suit individual tastes.
One of the key benefits of kimchi fried rice is that it is a versatile dish that can be made with whatever ingredients you have on hand. For example, you can use chicken, beef, pork, tofu, or even seafood as the protein source, and you can add a variety of vegetables, such as carrots, onions, bell peppers, or green beans, for added flavor and nutrition.
Overall, kimchi fried rice is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is a great option for a quick and satisfying meal. Whether you are looking for a tasty weeknight dinner or a fun way to use up leftovers, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
- In a hot skillet, add cooking oil.
- Sautee garlic until it slightly browns.
- Add chopped kimchi and mix.
- Add steamed rice into the skillet. Break it apart and remove any clumps formed. Mix until it's well-incorporated with the ingredients.
- Add kimchi juice gradually over the rice and mix.
- Add gochujang into the pan and mix to incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and rice seasoning.
- Serve in a plate and top it off with sunny-side-up egg. Enjoy!